03/18/20: An Update From LCS
After careful consideration for the health and safety of residents, employees, and family members, our community amended its visitor policy on Monday, March 16, and is restricting visitors from entering our community.
Please bookmark the LCS website for future updates and information regarding our community COVID-19 response and prevention measures already implemented, such as:
- Educating all staff and residents in social distancing guidelines
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and disinfecting common community areas
- Implementing temporary visitor restrictions, including deliveries
- Canceling on-site large group social events and recreational activities
- Reviewing and executing our emergency preparedness and response program
- Asking residents and employees to reschedule travel plans and remain in our community
- Deploying an updated visitor advisory for communities and to campus
- Coordinating best practices across the broad, LCS partner network
- Making the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 prevention resources and recommendations available to all employees
All future updates regarding the COVID-19 response, including visitor policies, social distancing guidelines, and prevention recommendations, can be found here. LCS has also opened a national hotline for information. Call 855-998-4934. For local information about our community, please use 603-283-5150.
03/15/20 - A MESSAGE FROM LCS
Hello Hillside Village Keene community,
The health and safety of residents living in our community is our top priority, and we are closely monitoring the ongoing situation regarding the coronavirus (COVD-19). We understand that COVID-19 is on everyone’s mind, and we want to be communicative and transparent in the steps Hillside Village Keene is taking to prepare our community during this unprecedented event. Our team has been working tirelessly to prepare for possible scenarios related to COVID-19.
We’ve developed a series of precautionary steps that our community is implementing to help reduce everyone’s risk of COVID-19. Additionally, you can access updates at the following website.
Our community is:
- Continuing to follow the guidance from both the CDC and local health authorities
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitizing common community areas
- Encouraging a temporary reduction in visitation and deliveries
- Reducing on-site group social events and recreational activities
- Reviewing our emergency preparedness and response program
- Asking residents to communicate any travel plans
- Coordinating best practices and across our large partner network
- Making the CDC’s COVID-19 prevention resources and recommendations available to all residents
According to the CDC, many of our residents are at a higher risk for serious illness, and we’re providing all residents and their families with the most up-to-date guidance from the CDC and local health officials on the steps they can take to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
We are strongly encouraging all our residents to follow the CDC’s guidelines for individuals at higher risk, which includes:
- Avoiding crowds and large social gatherings
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting personal spaces
- Avoiding touching your face
- Regularly washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Stay in your residence if you are showing flu-like symptoms or are sick with respiratory illness, including fever, and coughing
These are simple yet important steps that we should all be taking to protect ourselves and our community.
Our teams are staying in communication with local health officials and will share regular updates on COVID-19. For more the most up to date information and personal health recommendations, please visit the websites below:
Updates from LCS: https://www.lcsnet.com/covid-19-update/
COVID-19 Prevention Recommendations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
COVID-19 Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
What To Do If You Think You Are Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf
03/13/20 - A MESSAGE FROM MARY ELLEN DUNHAM, ADMINISTRATOR
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THE PROSPECT-WOODWARD HOME AT HILLSIDE VILLAGE KEENE WILL RESTRICT VISITATION AS RECOMMENDED BY THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC)
As you have heard in the news, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been identified in several counties by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. We do not have any cases of COVID-19 at our community, but this development triggers heightened infection control practices and protocols as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Please know that maintaining the health, wellness and safety of your loved one is our number one priority.
For the health and safety of our residents, we ask that you please do not visit our campus until further notice unless it is an extreme situation which should be discussed with me or Karen Bertolami, our Director of Nursing, in advance of your visit. This restriction includes taking residents off campus as well.
Please know that the news about the spread of this new disease is concerning for us all. In addition to limiting visitation to prevent the illness on our campus, we are also focused on infection control best practices with our staff and residents. Staff have been trained on the symptoms of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), CDC recommended infection prevention techniques, and have clear protocols for staff to stay home and not come to work if they are ill or symptomatic.
We continue to monitor information and guidance from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC and are working with state and local public health and emergency preparedness officials to prevent the illness and strengthen our preparation for a possible outbreak. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, but believe it is in the best interest of residents. We will continue to keep you informed, but please feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.
- Concierge or nurse on duty- (603) 352-3235
- Security- (603) 499-3070
- Human Resources- (603) 353-0616
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
03/06/20 - STATEMENT REGARDING CORONAVIRUS
The health, safety and well-being of our residents, employees and families is always a priority at our community. With the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the news and in the minds of many, we want to address actions, which are taking place related to this concern.
Some of the actions we are addressing include:
- Consistent updates and communication to those who live and work at the community.
- Evidence-based precautions that align with guidelines provided by the CDC.
- Reviewing emergency preparedness and response measures in the event that a virus impacts our community or the surrounding area.
- Changes to our travel and visitation guidelines for all employees, partners and guests.
We are closely monitoring local, state and federal health agencies to ensure we can respond quickly and effectively to protect our community and mitigate risks of an outbreak.
We will continue to remain vigilant in our efforts to preserve the health and safety of our community.
If you have questions, concerns or need more information, please call the Prospect-Woodward Health Center at 603-352-3235 or our main line at Hillside Village Keene, 603-283-5150
Centers for Disease Control
World Health Organization
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services